Terms and conditions of use
Presentation of the mobile application
JOCK is a mobile application edited by the company Connection which offers a dating service and a male community social network.
The list of countries where the application is available for download is available in the user’s store card.
JOCK is a trademark and a registered service, whose rights belong to the company Connection.
Definitions of the terms
Mobile application: refers to JOCK in its web, mobile, tablet version.
Account or profile: refers to the personal space created by the user via a registration form on the mobile application. It allows the user to access the list of users, to contact them in writing, audio or video, to read or comment on the information published on the mobile application, to receive information, to use geolocation services, to use social network functionalities and to subscribe to a subscription formula. Any natural person over the age of majority (according to the legislation in force in his or her country) or legal entity may create an account and must provide a valid email address that will serve as a login and a confidential password. He/she will be able to access his/her account as soon as it has been validated.
In general, the company Connection reserves the right to refuse the creation of an account if it detects or if it is notified to him for any reason whatsoever, that the field concerned in the registration form, is a clear infringement of the rights of third parties or inaccurate information.
Subscription: refers to any subscription to a paid offer of services made available for a fixed price and a fixed or indefinite period on the mobile application.
Content: refers to all content and textual, audiovisual, audio, graphic, photographic and any other type of public content, broadcast, available and accessible on the mobile application.
Form: means the form that allows the user to create an account and/or subscribe to subscription packages.
User: means any individual (according to the legislation in force in his country) or legal entity, whether or not he holds an account and/or a subscription, who has access to the mobile application, regardless of his location and the terms of his connection.
Comment: refers to a public reaction to content published on the mobile application by a user in a dedicated space.
General terms and conditions of use
The JOCK application is reserved for major users.
The user confirms and guarantees that he/she is able to use the mobile application.
When creating his account, the user undertakes to provide reliable and verified contact information enabling JOCK to contact him if necessary.
This information, such as the e-mail address and the password linked to it, allows access to Jock, which reserves the right to ask the user for a telephone number for identification purposes and for the execution of the general terms and conditions of sale.
The mobile application, graphics, terms, brands, as well as its entire environment are the property of the company Connection.
The present general conditions of use are those in force at the time of each access to JOCK and apply to all subsequent updates of the application. The user declares to have read them on the mobile application and undertakes to respect them without restriction or reserve. The general conditions of use of the mobile application are subject to modification, in order to take into account any evolution, whether it is jurisprudential, legal or technical. The modifications will take effect on the day of their publication on the www.jock-app.com website and can be consulted at any time from the mobile application.
The download and installation of the mobile application is a temporary authorization given by Connection to install software on the user’s hardware, without jeopardizing the full and entire ownership of the software belonging to Connection.
The user must ensure the compatibility of his hardware with the mobile application.
The user is prohibited from reselling, subletting, bypassing, disabling, damaging the mobile application and/or its features, which are the property of Connection.
Connection will have the possibility to update the mobile application automatically when necessary.
The application is accessible in 2 modes.
A free mode that allows the user to access the application according to basic functions determined by the editor.
A paid mode that allows the user to access the full functionality of the application.
Access to the functionalities of the mobile application and subscription
Part of the mobile application’s functionalities and its contents are accessible to all users free of charge. Another part of the functionalities of the mobile application is accessible to users who have subscribed to a subscription formula via the blinds available on the user’s mobile equipment. A subscription allows you to use all the functionalities available on the mobile application.
A subscription taken out by a user is taken out on an individual, personal basis and is non-transferable.
All current subscription offers are detailed on the application. The offers in force are those displayed at the time the order is recorded.
Les tarifs d’abonnement pour la France sont :
- Monthly subscription: €9.99 incl. VAT
- Quarterly subscription: 24.99 euros including tax
- Half-yearly subscription: 44.99 euros including tax
- Annual subscription: 68.99 euros including tax
These rates are subject to change according to the VAT rate applicable in the user’s country of residence. For France the VAT rate in force is 20%.
For other countries, the rate is the one displayed in the user’s awning including the VAT rate applicable to his country of residence.
Payments are recorded and managed by the user’s account with the awning of his service provider, upon confirmation of the purchase. The subscription is renewed automatically, except in case of deactivation within 24 hours before the end of the subscription period with the service provider’s awning. In this case, access to the paid functions of the application will end at the end of the above-mentioned period. The User can manage his subscription directly with his Service Provider. Jock has no knowledge of data such as credit card numbers provided by the Apple store and Google Play platforms. Please refer to the privacy policies of these platforms.
Jock reserves the right to change its prices and to charge for certain access to parts of its service.
In the event of suspension or deletion of the user account during the subscription period, the user will not be refunded on a pro-rata basis for the time remaining.
In case of suspension or deletion of the user’s account at the initiative of the editor within the framework of the application of the present general conditions, and whatever the reason, the user will not be able to claim any refund of the subscription remaining to run.
JOCK proposes promotional offers from time to time. Information about their duration and conditions is available on the mobile application.
Jock declines all responsibility for telephone costs related to roaming or geolocation that may be invoiced by telephone operators.
Contents and comments
Uploading of content and comments
It is necessary to have an account to be able to be present in the list of users, contact them and publish content. Public content is visible to all users of the mobile application. The user who uploads content or comments does so free of charge.
The user is solely responsible for putting his content and comments online. He expressly undertakes to respect the laws in force and to comply with the JOCK Moderation Charter. JOCK moderates the contents and comments. In the event that the user does not comply with the provisions of these general conditions of use and the moderation charter, JOCK reserves the right to suspend and/or delete the contents that contravene these general conditions of use and its annexes without prior notice to the user.
By voluntarily posting comments or content in the dedicated areas of the mobile application, the user accepts that they are made publicly readable on the application and acknowledges that JOCK does not have the technical means to prevent their possible collection and conservation by other users. Their subsequent use, outside the mobile application, is in no way subject to the control of JOCK, which cannot be held responsible for them.
The mobile application allows users with an account to publish content, messages or contributions in the form of text, photos, videos. The user expressly guarantees that the published content complies with the legal provisions in force. The user must have all necessary authorization to use the name, image and voice of each identifiable person, regardless of the nature of the content.
The mobile application reserves the right to publish or not publish any content. By sending it to the user, the user accepts, without compensation, that it may be reproduced or represented on the mobile application, and on all its derivatives accessible on smartphones, tablets, etc. The user authorizes the mobile application to make corrections and modifications to the content in order to adapt it to the layout standards of the mobile application where it will be published. By sending his content, the user authorizes the publication of his content under the conditions mentioned above.
The user of the mobile application expressly agrees to be offered content published by other users. The company Connection cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, nor for the unpleasant or contravening quality of the contents proposed by other users.
Private content: the user undertakes to respect the legislation in force and not to offer any service or merchandise, not to share any illegal content likely to contravene the moderation charter.
The user is responsible for any action carried out under his identifier and for all interactions he may have with other users. In case of misappropriation or impersonation, the user has the obligation to inform the editor as soon as possible via the contact form available on the application or on the website. JOCK cannot be held responsible for the usurpation of a user’s account by a third party, nor for the actions resulting from it.
The company Connection cannot be held responsible in case of misappropriation of a user’s personal information by other users.
Availability of the mobile application and its functionalities
Connection undertakes to do everything possible to ensure the permanence, continuity and quality of the mobile application.
In principle, the mobile application is accessible 24/7, except in the event of an interruption, scheduled or unscheduled, for the purposes of maintenance, force majeure or network unavailability. Being in fact subject to an obligation of means, Connection cannot be held responsible for any unavailability of the service resulting from damage or technical failure, whatever the nature.
The functionalities proposed to the user require the user to activate the geolocation in the parameters of his telephone and the operation of his GPS.
Third parties involved in the application
The user accepts that the mobile application may send commercial messages from third parties outside the users and Connection.
Connection will not be responsible for the consequences of these commercial messages on the user, nor for the commercial relations between the user and external third parties.
Connection will have the possibility to use the personal data for the purpose of targeting commercial messages but Connection will not transmit to any external third party the personal and individual information of the user.
Communication and user security
Connection will be able to write to users by email or through the mobile application’s messaging system.
The user will be able to receive notifications from the mobile application directly to his equipment; he will have the possibility to delete the receipt of these notifications from the control center of his equipment.
For the security of the users of the application
Connection reserves the right to isolate a user who repeatedly violates its moderation charter.
Connection will be able to analyze by all the automatic means at its disposal, the contents published or exchanged on the Jock application.
Any user has a reporting function to the Jock moderation services.
Any user can report a profile, post or comment to the Jock moderation service.
Jock’s customer service can be reached directly from the contact form in the application or from the website www.jock-app.com.
The user accepts that the applicable legislation is that of the country of the head office of Connection, or France. The competent courts are those where the head office of Connection depends.
Autonomy of clauses
These terms and conditions shall be deemed severable, and the invalidity or unenforceability of any term or provision hereof shall not affect the validity or enforceability of these terms and conditions or any other term or provision hereof. In addition, in lieu of any void or unenforceable term or provision, the parties shall substitute a valid and enforceable provision that comes as close as possible to such void or unenforceable provision.
Annex to the general terms and conditions of use
Public Content Moderation Charter
Dear Jock user,
You are using a community and male social network and dating application that allows you to get in touch with other registered members like you on this application. We want the exchanges you can have to be as entertaining and rewarding as possible.
To do this, you must treat others with the same respect you expect for yourself.
On Jock, you are free to showcase your individuality by expressing your tastes, your preferences, your personality, your life choices, your sexual orientation, by posting your photos and videos, you expose yourself publicly.
Other users do the same and express their individuality as you do, treat them with kindness and refrain from any judgment against them, any discrimination based on physical appearance, ethnic origin or anything that could express intolerance.
Empathy and benevolence, that is the behaviour, the attitude that we hope for. This is what we want as a user experience so that Jock can be a friendly space for sharing and fun.
Jock’s moderation charter applies to all users who have downloaded the application and created an account.
Any criminally reprehensible content as well as any discrimination is forbidden according to the legislation in force.
JOCK has the ability to moderate all public content published by a user.
Jock will also be able to suspend, delete, isolate or ban any user who is at the origin of it.
No compensation, in particular compensation or reimbursement, will be due to subscribers who have had their accounts suspended, isolated or deleted. Subscribers remain free to terminate their subscription.
Commitments and responsibility of the user
The user is fully responsible for all the content he publishes in the dedicated areas of the mobile application. The contents must comply with the legislation in force in the user’s country.
For his or her own safety, the user must carefully choose the information he or she publishes in his or her profile and on the actuInstajock feed. The user should bear in mind that this information will be shared and distributed to all users of the Jock application.
The user declares to be of legal age according to the legislation in force in his/her country and refrains from publishing in all publicly accessible sharing spaces:
- Any pornographic content on his public personal profile or in any space available for the dissemination of public information,
- Any information or commercial announcement without the express permission of the mobile application,
- Any content of a defamatory nature, or which harms others because of their origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or social background,
- Any offensive content, personal invective, insult, denigration, threat,
- Any content that incites hatred, violence, suicide, terrorism, harassment or threat of another user or third party,
- Any paedophile content,
- Any content that impersonates another user or third party,
- Any content that discloses confidential information, or information relating to private life, such as telephone numbers or addresses,
- Any content that deliberately discloses false information,
- Any content advertising a brand, a product, a service,
- Any content damaging to the brand image or reputation of JOCK and its team members
- Any content that is prohibited or mentions illegal practices,
- to use the mobile application for purposes contrary to national or international legislation, or to intellectual property and privacy law,
- seek to modify or damage the mobile application and its functionalities in any way whatsoever, hack the application or access the mobile application’s services and computer systems, or seek to circumvent its control and subscription systems,
- use the mobile application and its services for illegal purposes, or in an environment hazardous to health, or by hijacking the mobile application from its initial functionalities.
Our moderation policy
Our moderators will have access to your public profile and will ensure that the rules we have just mentioned are respected. Moderating is not simple, it is not a punishment or an individual judgement.
The purpose of moderation is to make Jock a common space for sharing, if one of your content is moderated in a way that doesn’t suit you, it’s not against you! Modify your content and be sure that our teams will also act with the benevolence that we ask you.
Along with your commitments, and to help us understand each other, here is a non-exhaustive list of things we don’t accept on Jock.
Moderation of public content
The conditions of moderation that we are going to detail to you concern the following public contents:
- The public texts and emoticons of your profile,
- The video presentation of your profile and all its components: images, sounds, inlays,
- The public photos on your profile,
- Publications on the Instajock news feed.
Detail and application of public content moderation
Will be moderate:
- Any content ostentatiously describing or depicting a genital organ, sexual act or genital measurement,
- Any sexually explicit content (this is reserved for your private messages),
- Any content that is derogatory and offensive to Jock or any other person,
- Any content of a racist homophobic sexist Serophobic nature,
- Any mention of drugs,
- Any offensive, obscene, blasphemous, offensive, insulting or shocking content, as well as any abbreviations thereof,
- Any content related to a commercial product, website or application,
- All content subject to copyright and intellectual property rules,
- Any content referring to paid sexual services
- Any sensitive content of a private nature such as public disclosure of address and telephone number,
- Any content of a political or religious nature,
- Any nudity that shows clearly identifiable genitals, buttocks or anal orifice,
- Any sexually explicit content or illustrations, (including comic books)
- Any zoophilic, necrophilic or paedophilic content,
- Anything to do with firearms or knives,
- Any content with a character that could be considered a minor,
- Any content visibly modified by the use of software or a photographic retouching application that makes the user appear too young to meet the majority requirement for access to the application,
- Any content that is not yours, that represents celebrities, « candids » and any content that does not respect image rights,
- Any content representing the use of illegal drugs will be prohibited under current legislation, which is ambiguous as rolling a cigarette is also prohibited,
- Any content containing obscene gestures or behaviour,
- Any content showing a commercial product, advertising a service or product, website or application,
- Any content consisting essentially of text or where the text occupies a major place to the detriment of the substance,
- Scenes of violence against people or animals,
- Sports practices with blood flow,
- Sextoys or sex toys.
Warning: Jock is not a digital safe and we decline all responsibility public content sites are retrieved and shared by a tool external to our application.
Your profile photos and videos are published either in a public album or in a private album which you reserve access to those you authorise.
Instajock publications and their comments are public content.
The moderation service does not have access to your private messages. If you notice any abuse or what appears to you to be abuse by another user, use the « report » function, which is the only way for the moderator to be alerted.
The « report » function is available on the Instajock news feed and on the profiles of your correspondents.
You can block your correspondent’s profile and messages if you are not happy with their content. Jock allows you to reverse your decision and unblock them.
Dear user, we’ve tried to be as complete as possible by giving you the details of what we don’t want to appear on our application. We know from experience that ambiguities are always possible.
At any time, if you feel that a profile or a post is not appropriate, you can report it to the moderation team directly on your application. Count on us to handle your report in the most diligent manner in accordance with our moderation charter.
In the same way, if you feel that you are being unfairly moderated, if you think we are too severe, send us your comments and complaints. We will deal with them just as diligently.
Thank you for your understanding.
Its primary objective is to protect the fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons, and in particular their right to the protection of personal data.
Connection undertakes that the personal data transmitted to it will never be transferred to third parties or other business relationships. This data will be strictly used for the processing necessary for the proper functioning of the application.
To access our services, you provide us with personal information that we share with other Jock members.
- The type of information collected:
- Shared personal information
- Shared sensitive personal information
- Unshared information
- Technical and commercial data
- Collection by cookies
- Nature of the different cookies
- Your cookie choices
- Third parties
- The protection of data
- The exercise of your rights
This service is exclusively reserved for adult users according to the legislation of their country of origin. No information concerning a minor will be accepted, the entry on the Jock application will be refused. If a user becomes aware of a fraudulent statement regarding the age of a connected person, he or she may contact our services via the application’s contact forms so that we can take appropriate action.
The types of information collected
Any data that can be used to identify a person is personal data.
Personal data is information that you voluntarily provide to us that allows us to identify you and facilitate contact between members. This personal data is collected at the time of registration, when you complete the profile form and each time you change the information.
The user who fills in his profile accepts its publication and consultation by other members of the Jock application.
Filling in the entire form is not mandatory to use the application. The only requirements for using the application are: an email address, a profile password and having reached legal age.
The user can disable the display of location data and thus not make public the distance between him and other users.
Shared personal data is descriptive data about you that allows other users to have basic information about you.
Sensitive personal data are data giving information on ethnicity, sex life or sexual orientation.
Unshared sensitive personal data allows you to be identified as a unique natural person by your email and profile password.
Personal information, if provided, is available whenever you log in to the application.
a. Shared personal data:
- The name or pseudonym used
- Profile description
- The physical description of the user in his profile:
- Current relationship,
- Video or photos related to the profile,
- The shared photos on the Instajock thread,
- The comments and likes you post on the Instajock feed.
In any case, do not disclose information that you wish to keep private and do not disclose your access details to our services, which must remain confidential.
b. Shared sensitive personal data
Sensitive personal information such as your ethnic origin, sexual role and sexual orientation will be available if you have provided it on your profile by other users.
This information that you choose to send us can be modified at each of your sessions.
You have the option of not providing this information by not filling in the fields proposed in your profile.
c. Unshared data
Jock does not share any of the private exchanges you have with others who are connected.
Your email and password are personal data that we do not share but that are necessary:
- to your identification as a member of the service,
- the execution and use of the service,
- to your requests to exercise your rights,
- to your requests for assistance from our maintenance teams,
- to your comments regarding the services of the Jock application,
- the sending of any communication relating to the services offered by Jock and more generally to the proper functioning of the application,
- to comply with our legal obligations.
d. Technical and commercial data
The Jock application collects other information: technical information necessary for its proper functioning, commercial data concerning subscriptions and any data necessary for the execution of the contract, the management of the user account and the respect of our legal obligations:
- The ID of your device and related software information, such as its operating system, that allows you to manage your user profile,
- Geolocation information by wifi, GPS or cellular data from your device that allows you to evaluate the distance between users,
- Navigation data,
- The alerts and reports you report to us,
- Any comments you may have and your contacts with our maintenance departments,
- All data enabling us to meet our legal obligations.
e. Collection by « cookies ».
What is a cookie? It is a text file stored on your smartphone or tablet, or your computer when you use our services. Cookies do not cause any damage to your device and are mainly used to personalize the content you view. They keep in mind your choices and preferences for your future use of our services for ourselves or by a third party engaged to provide an audience measurement or advertising network service.
There are session cookies, deleted when you log out and permanent cookies.
These files can only be read by their sender, who will then recognize the terminal associated with them when you reconnect to the service. A cookie does not identify you personally but only your device. Cookies are never linked to confidential data that identifies you.
The validity period of a cookie is 13 months, after which the user’s consent must be obtained again.
You can freely choose to disable these cookies and prevent their storage on your device.
Disabling cookies can significantly affect your user experience by not allowing you to fully use all the features of the service we offer.
To disable cookies, go to the « Help » section of your browser, which will tell you how to disable these functions.
f. Nature of cookies
Five types of cookies with different purposes can be placed on your device:
- Technical cookies: they are essential to ensure the proper functioning of our service. They allow you to browse the application and cannot be disabled or configured otherwise you will no longer be able to access the site or use certain services.
- Functional or personalization cookies: they allow us to offer you a personalized experience by memorizing your browsing experiences.
- Analytical or audience measurement cookies: issued by us or our technical service providers, Google Analytics, Motomo: they allow us to measure the activity and traffic of our site to improve navigation and ergonomics. (For Google Analyics, please refer to the data protection chapter).
- Advertising cookies issued by us or our partners collect anonymous data to provide you with content related to your user experience. They allow advertising content to be adapted to your behaviour for future connections.
g. Your choices regarding « cookies
You can allow or decline the registration of cookies on your device except for technical cookies that are essential for navigation:
Block functional cookies:
Google Chrome (for iPad/Iphone, Android, computer): Here
Internet Explorer: Here
Safari (Mac): Here
Safari (Iphone/Ipad): Here
Block analytical cookies:
Google Analytics: Here
In addition, we will not allow the browser to forward events to Google Analytics. This solution makes it possible to determine with certainty that no personal data is sent to Google.
Block advertising cookies:
Google Ads: Here
Data protection and privacy
Connection implements all necessary technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data it holds against any access, destruction or disclosure. We guarantee the highest level of security for your personal data. Access to your personal data is strictly limited to Connection employees only for the purpose of the necessary processing for which you have given your consent.
Any illegal intrusion into our database will result in an immediate alert and the implementation of the necessary actions.
Exercise your rights
Of access, modification, opposition, portability, deletion of your data.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to rectify or delete them, to limit the processing carried out, to oppose the processing, to request the portability of your data.
- Right of access: You can ask us for a copy of all your personal information that we hold; for this, in your profile, refer to the section « Settings and confidentiality/ Request my personal data ».
We will send you this data by email to the email address you have confirmed.
- Right of modification: for this in your profile, refer to the section « settings and confidentiality/ modification or correction of data » to enter your request.
- Opposition: the withdrawal of your consent to the processing of your personal data may result in the termination of our services. In your profile, use the « contact us » form to enter your request.
- Portability: the right to portability is about controlling your data: it allows you to have and manipulate « portable » data and to transmit them to other platforms. In your profile, use the « contact us » form to enter your request.
- Deletion: You can also delete your account in the « Settings and privacy / » delete my account » section of your user profile. Your account will be deleted from our databases but some information may be kept in order to comply with our legal obligations.